When would you like to book Artie Smiles ?
* * 1987 Started learning the piano at the age of 7
* * 1996 Completed Grade 8 in piano performance and music theory, Yerevan, Armenia.
* * 2003 Founded the Open Key Jazz Project, London, UK
* * 2006 Attended Guildhall Jazz Summer School, London UK.
* * 2006 Recorded “Goodenough Voices of the Commonwealth” album under HM Queen's patronage in London, UK, of which 70,000 copies were distributed around The Commonwealth Countries.
* * 2006 Became a member of The Musicians’ Union in UK
* * 2008 Passed ABRSM Grade 5 Jazz Piano with Distinction, London, UK.
* * 2009 Started teaching music as a curricular subject at Abu Dhabi Grammar School, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
* * 2009 Became the pianist of Abu Dhabi Big Band.
* * 2011 Founded Modern Art Music Institute in Abu Dhabi as the Academic Director.
* * 2012 Attended Guildhall Summer School, London, UK.
* * 2012 Attended Royal Conservatoire of Scotland Summer School, Glasgow, UK.
* * 2012 Was admitted to the Licentiate Degree in Pro-Music Performance of Trinity College London (LTCL)
* * 2013 Was admitted to the Fellowship Degree in Jazz Piano Performance of London College of Music (FLCM)
* * 2011 Started academic collaboration with Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi as a Music Club Coordinator
* * 2016 Was admitted to the Licentiate Degree with Distinction in Music Teaching of Trinity College London (LTCL) *
* * 2021 Winner at London Shorts Film Festival for the "Best Film Score" of the project "In Tune".
Photos See more
Videos See more
Awards and Recognition
Winner at London Shorts Film Festival for the "Best Film Score"
Commonwealth Youth Exchange Council
Pianist of the Dubai Opera Big Band
Founding member of the Swing Revue
Pianist of Abu Dhabi Big Band
- Piano monitor
- Piano pickup mics if playing acoustic.
- Monitor of around 80 Watts
45 minutes per set
Everything including own visa and transportation.
No of sets:
Questions See more
Can you provide your equipment?
Can you play "Bella Ciao"?
If you insist.